Team Peacock – Pedaling for a Purpose!
Upper Iowa University’s Team Peacock will celebrate its 19th year participating in the Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa (RAGBRAI)—the oldest, largest and longest bicycle touring event in the world!
Since 2005, our team has raised more than one million dollars to support students and University projects. This year, Team Peacock will be making a trek across the state of Iowa, July 22-29, 2023 for the 50th annual RAGBRAI and we want YOU to join us!
- Bob King ’87
- Dawson King
- Bill Duffy
- Holly Wolff ’10
- Tim Wolff ’16
- Erin Yourison
- Pamela Bascom
- YOUR NAME HERE!
- There’s a HUGE VALUE! In addition to gaining lots of new friends and enjoying camaraderie along the ride, Team Peacock will pay each rider’s RAGBRAI wristband fee ($200 value), and provide new riders with a Team Peacock biking jersey ($60 value).
- Enjoy the luxuries of the Peacock Support Crew! They will take care of your camping accommodations on the route. Locations vary, but in the past they have included alumni residences, city and state parks. The Team Peacock crew will set up camp each day for riders including setting up tents and making available portable hot showers and restrooms, when not provided by a host. Drink station and snack bar includes water, sports drinks, ice, light snacks, bananas and coffee. In addition, laundry service is provided twice during the week for the riders’ cycling gear. Transportation services will ensure your personal gear is safely and securely transported to the starting point as well as each town along the route.
- Each rider shall pay a Camp Fee of $125 for week-long riders or $30 per day for daily riders, which helps offset the expense of amenities previously mentioned. After February 28, late registration Camp Fee is $150 for week-long riders or $40 per day for daily riders.
- Make a difference for Upper Iowa University! Team Peacock is a fundraising venture for UIU. Each rider may select a University fund, project or program to support. Options include, but are not limited to: scholarships, Dean’s funds, UIU Fund, and athletics. Team members are responsible for a fundraising goal, based on the categories below. 100% goal fulfillment is required by July 1, 2023. The Alumni Office will provide some marketing and fundraising support for participants, but ultimately it is up to each rider to creatively and aggressively meet their goal.
|Category:||Minimum Week-long Rider Goal||Minimum Daily Rider Goal (minimum 3 days)|
|Individual||$750||$200 per day|
|Couples / Team of 2||$1,200||$250 per day|
|Team of 3||$2,000||$350 per day|
Team Peacock Sponsorships are a great way to show your commitment to all riders and support crew members. To thank our sponsors, each will receive public recognition along the route, on this Team Peacock webpage, and on UIU social media pages. Signature Sponsorship Opportunities Include:
- Jersey Sponsor ($2,500)
- Transportation Sponsor: ($1,000)
- Camp Sponsor: ($500)
- Sports Drink Sponsor: ($500) Colonel Bob ’87 & Dawson King
- Team Supper Sponsor: ($500)
- Ice Sponsor: ($500) Colonel Bob ’87 & Dawson King
- Coffee Sponsor: ($100)
- Laundry Sponsor: ($100)
- Protein Bar Sponsor: ($100)
- Banana Sponsor: ($75)
- Chocolate Milk Sponsor: ($75)
Sponsorship donations may be made using Venmo, PayPal or credit card at uiu.edu/give (selct Team Peacock General Fund designation). Be sure to mention your selected sponsor option. Thank you!
|February 28, 2023||Deadline to sign up with Team Peacock ($125 Camp Fee) / After Feb. 28, late registration Camp Fee is $150|
|July 1, 2023||Deadline to hit your fundraising goal!|
|July 21, 2023||Kickoff dinner + team meeting in Fayette|
|July 22, 2023||Load gear on Team Peacock bus, leave for starting town (or meet us there)|
|July 22-29, 2023||RAGBRAI L (50th Anniversary!)|
3 Steps to Join the Team!
- Complete the Team Peacock Online Rider Agreement Form (see below)
- Pay your Camp Fee deposit at uiu.edu/Give. ($125 per person or $30/day for daily riders. Select the designation Team Peacock General Fund.)
- Register on RAGBRAI.com and sign event waiver form. (Be sure to join “Team Peacock.”
Completion of these three steps is required in order to reserve your spot on our roster.